Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Sister's Keeper

Last week on vacation I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. The book was a very quick read and written well. The story takes place in Providence, Rhode Island in 2003. It is a story of a family and their struggle with cancer. Each chapter is written in the perspective of one of the characters. The book has been adapted into film, but the ending is different, so I am not sure how I am going to feel about it. My Sister's Keeper (film) was directed by Nick Cassavetes, the same director for the Notebook, which coincidentally has a different ending. Once we watch the movie I will give you an update. For those of you interested in giving this book a read, you can find it here in WorldCat

I think Jodi Picoult will quickly become one of my favorite authors. I just picked up Plain Truth from the public library and I am already running right through it.

2 comments:

  1. Do you keep a card file with notes of books you have read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but i joined Good Reads. http://www.goodreads.com/

    ReplyDelete